Thursday 20 October 2022

Weird weather!

This morning, the weather was bizarre. I was sitting in the living room before I went to get ready for work, and watching an episode of All Creatures Great and Small when I heard thunder. I opened the curtains and saw the sky lit up with lightning! Then I heard another rumble of thunder! It didn't appear to be raining hard and it was foggy, a combination I'd never seen before!

All the way to work I saw lightning and heard distant thunder, and we had a lot of rain. The journey was not pleasant and I'm loathing the route I take to work. I can't ever remember it being so horrible before the pandemic, but I used to cut through Overstone to avoid the nasty A43.

At work, I was solely responsible for the customer service emails and managed to clear them all before going home at 2pm. I dashed out again at 3pm to collect Mum from the care home, and thankfully, the rain had stopped and the sky had cleared. We popped to Tesco, had a coffee and a natter, and then we went and did some clothes shopping, and she bought my Dad a bottle of whisky.

I dropped her off and headed home in the late afternoon sunlight. The A14 had been flooded earlier because of the rain and more is expected tomorrow. I have a feeling this winter will be wet and mild!


No comments: