Sunday 30 October 2022

We gain an extra hour!

I'd forgotten about the clocks going back last night, so when I woke up at 7.45am it was really 8.45am! It was lovely to have an extra hour, and Keith had managed to change most of the clocks in the house. Sophie went to the gym to participate in her two yoga classes while Keith and I pottered about and did some laundry. I even managed to get some of it on the line outside to dry in the wind.

When she arrived home at lunchtime, I heated up the leftover sausage casserole from last night and we enjoyed that for lunch. It's been a very relaxing day today, and I managed to put some more of an old travel diary onto the blog. It was lovely not having to go anywhere and just potter about at home.

After lunch, Sophie prepared our dinner - a chicken filo strudel. I helped her cut up the chicken and the vegetables and we cooked these before adding cream and then let it cool. Later in the afternoon, I had a long soak in the bath and watched an episode of my guilty pleasure - a programme about hoarders. It doesn't make me feel so bad if I don't hoover every day!

Sophie put the finishing touches to the meal - layering sheets of filo pastry with ground almonds and then putting the mixture on top before rolling it into a long strudel. It looked great!

We played Scrabble in the evening and had some more cubes of Comté cheese which were delicious. Sophie put the filo strudels into the oven and they came out looking lovely! They tasted lovely as well!

No comments: