Sunday 9 October 2022

Back to reality!

I was up at about 7.30am and tackling the first load of washing. We had piles of it, and I think it was because I'd stopped washing on Tuesday at the villa, and we'd been travelling for three days. I was glad to see the sun shining!

While the washing machine did its job, I unpacked and Sophie emerged from her room looking a bit bleary. The next few hours were spent sorting everything out, reacquainting ourselves with the things we'd bought in Spain, and contacting our catsitters to arrange to see them later in the day.

Keith went shopping to get something for dinner this evening and I pootled about dealing with the laundry. It was a bit chilly outside despite the sun, so we had to tumble-dry a lot of the washing, which was a shame. I did hang some clothes up in the conservatory, though, but we're going to have to find another way to get our clothes dry over the winter if the bills go up!

At lunchtime, Sophie and I drove to the Co-op at Brixworth to buy some flowers for Michelle, and a pack of Guinness for Paul, and then we walked up to Richard and Michelle's house to say thank you. Monty came along as well! Michelle is having an operation this week so she stood at the door with a mask on as she was self-isolating before the procedure. We had a great chat and thanked them very much for looking after the cat who looked very healthy under their care!

In the afternoon we went to see Mum and Dad and spent an hour with them, having a good chat. They loved their presents and they were pleased to see us. Once home, we popped across the road to see Paul and thank him and that was it!

I tried to catch up with writing the blog but at 6pm it was time for a glass of Spanish red and Scrabble. We sat and discussed the holiday and we all agreed we'd had a fantastic time. For me, it was definitely in the top three best holidays I've had. Praise indeed!

Keith cooked chilli and rice for dinner and then it was an early night. Back to work tomorrow!


No comments: