Thursday 27 October 2022

An early finish.

My whole shift was spent dealing with customer service emails and processing orders. Sara was away today, looking after her grandson so I did as many as I could before I left at 2pm. It had been a frustrating shift, though, as our printer/photocopier is playing up, and mid-morning we had a false fire alarm so we all had to stand in reception. Luckily, the fire stewards didn't make us go outside as it was raining!

Sophie finished work early today and was home by 3pm. We headed back down to Riverside and had a hot chocolate in Next. It was pure indulgence as I had a warm mince pie with my drink. This will have to stop!

We had a look around afterwards, and Sophie was struck by how expensive the clothes were. Now she's used to buying from charity shops, she baulks at paying £35 for a pair of trousers! We left without buying anything and headed home where we relaxed for an hour.

Keith had developed a cough and cold over the last few days and I wonder if he contracted it last weekend when he went to the football? Or did Mike bring it home with him? We did a test for covid tonight, but it came back negative. Sophie is also suffering from dry, itchy skin on her eyelids and under her eyes, and a planned phone consultation with her GP had to be cancelled and moved to tomorrow. I'm the only one OK!

Dinner tonight was a delicious chicken stir-fry with loads of vegetables, in a black bean sauce with rice. Sophie cooked and it was gorgeous!


No comments: