Saturday 29 October 2022

I get jabbed again!

After a late-ish night, I had a lie-in this morning, but I had an appointment at 11am to receive my flu jab so we had to be out of the house by 10.30am. Sophie's eyes looked terrible this morning, and the phone appointment she'd had yesterday wasn't very helpful. The GP (one she'd never seen before) had advised moisturiser or a 1% steroid cream. 

After the flu jab for both of us oldies, which took minutes, we drove to the small parade of shops, and while I popped into the chemist, Keith went into the Co-op to get ingredients for tonight's dinner. We had planned on going out for Sunday lunch tomorrow but shelved the idea as neither Keith nor Sophie were keen. Sophie had offered to make the Hairy Bikers' sausage casserole this evening for dinner, a real Autumnal treat!

In the chemist, I picked up a large moisturiser bottle on the doctor's list, but the pharmacist wouldn't let me buy it, saying Sophie needed an aqueous cream and antihistamine tablets. I texted her and she was almost in tears as the itching and dryness were driving her mad.

Keith had finished his shopping but I went back into the shop to buy some pastries and bread for breakfast and spotted some French Comté cheese which was featured on Monica Galetti's programme I'd watched yesterday.

Back home Sophie took an antihistamine tablet and I realised I'd bought some aqueous cream a few weeks ago to take on holiday, so she applied that to her eyelids and under her eye. Within half an hour, they looked and felt better!

Today has been lovely and relaxing, and Sophie spent a long time preparing tonight's dinner, as well as hoovering the house and cutting my hair! She did a brilliant job! Keith went to see Sileby play in the afternoon so we had a couple of hours of peace from his hacking cough!

The weather today has been uncharacteristically warm and I managed to get a load of washing dry outside. The temperature in the kitchen in the evening was about 70f and that was without any heating on. Apart from a few hours when we returned from the holiday, we haven't had the heating on at all, which has been a bonus!

Sophie and I played Scrabble this evening and sipped Manhattans. Our snacks were cubes of the delicious Comté and some crisps and we had two great games before Sophie finished off the preparations for dinner. It was delicious and perfect for an Autumnal evening.

Monty wanted to be in on the action!

After we'd eaten we watched a Netflix film called The Good Nurse starring Eddie Redmayne and Jessica Chastain, which was based on a true story. It was riveting, if sometimes uncomfortable, viewing!

No comments: