Monday 10 October 2022

A lunchtime treat!

Sophie woke me at 6am this morning, which was not pleasant! Keith and I drove to Moulton and I dropped him off near the garage so he could pick up my car, which had been having the flywheel replaced (at great expense). 

I walked into work to find Sheila talking to Amanda on reception, and she regaled me with a tale of woe about what had been happening while I was away as we walked into the office... Sara had been incredibly stressed and overwhelmed with work so it just goes to show how much I help her out! I sat at my desk and willed myself not to get stressed as well! Luckily, Sheila had been dealing with some of my emails while I was away, and with the invoices and orders, I'd left so I didn't have that much to do.

The chocolates I'd bought back went down well, but I don't think my colleagues were that interested in what we'd been up to, which was understandable. I'm just glad I have this blog to share our experiences!

I'd forgotten that I'd been invited back to our old soft play business for the opening of a new under 5s area so Sheila and I drove over at midday to see Polly who was going to be cutting the ribbon. The place was heaving because they'd advertised free entry for under 4s so the car park was rammed with cars!

We stood around chatting and most of our senior management team were there. Polly cut the ribbon, I took a video to show my parents and then we enjoyed the buffet. I spoke at length with our managing director and asked him if there were any further plans to buy soft play centres. We are having so many people cancel their gym membership at the moment, because of the cost of living rise, and I thought it would be a good route to take. He agreed, so we'll see what happens in the future.

Sheila and I headed back after the buffet and resumed work. Sara seemed a lot happier, mainly because I was there to help with all the customer service queries!

Back home in the evening, I tried to do more catching up and Keith made a delicious cottage pie for dinner, with a huge assortment of vegetables we'd missed such as the green bean and broccoli! After dinner, it was University Challenge and then an early night. We're definitely back into the routine!


No comments: