Friday 11 June 2021

Toil and strife...

Things got off to a bad start this morning when I had a text from the bank to say that my parents' account had gone over the agreed limit. I was just about to get into the shower so I hared off downstairs to discover that the care home had taken their fees eight days early! As you can imagine, I was fuming and called the manager but she wasn't available. I have had nothing but problems with the fees, and the woman I spoke to said that the money was handled by their finance department, who are evidently not doing a very good job!

The bad luck continued at work, with niggling problems and difficult calls all morning. Today I felt weary and tired, and wanted to be anywhere but at work! It was a huge relief to leave at 4pm and head home where I called the care home again. They sent me an email with the dates of invoices and when the direct debits are taken, something I had never seen before! I didn't have the energy or inclination to deal with it this afternoon, so I'll write something over the weekend!

This evening I was supposed to have been going out with Lynda, Fiona and Andrea to The Four Pears in Little Houghton, but I didn't want to go... I had looked at the menu this morning and was dismayed by the prices, reckoning that it would cost me £60 for my share of the meal, with wine and drinks. To be honest, all I wanted to do after a busy week was come home, open a bottle of wine with Sophie and watch a good film... which is what we did! Fiona's sister was going tonight as an extra so the table would still be for four. I phoned Lynda and made my apologies, saying I had a bad headache, which was true!

Looking back, I did the right thing as I felt dizzy and light-headed when we sat down for dinner later in the evening. I have no idea why, and Sophie and I had only had half a bottle of wine each, but I was glad I wasn't at a pub for dinner!

I fell asleep on the sofa, and when I woke up at 9pm, Keith went off to watch the Euros upstairs (they're on now...ugh!), while Sophie and I watched the end of Pretty Woman, a pretty perfect film to watch this evening. I felt slightly better after my nap, and thought that a good night's sleep was just what I needed!


No comments: