Wednesday 9 June 2021

Helping out...

This morning I went to a neighbour's house to help with the recycling sort. I had messaged Ruth yesterday to say that, with the warm temperatures forecast, I'd prefer a spot in the shade to help as I don't do full sun... I am like a delicate flower, and very much prone to wilting... haha! 

She had set up a table under her shady arbour for me so I took a huge bag of recycling and made a start. Even though the group now has lots of members, there were only four of us helping so it was hot, hard work. We sort the recycling into various categories, including crisp/snack wrappers, biscuit/cake wrappers, pet food pouches (smelly), confectionery wrappers, cheese wrappers, make-up, toothpaste tubes, and even pens and ink cartridges. I set my alarm for 12pm, as I had to go home and do a test before seeing my Mum in the afternoon.

I walked home and had a quick bite to eat after doing my lateral flow test. Keith, amazingly, was washing my dad's car, something I haven't seen him do for ages! It looked beautiful and I decided to take it instead of my car which looked distinctly scruffy next to it!

After collecting Mum, we went to Next and took back two tee-shirts that she didn't want, as well as picking up another. There were some beautiful clothes in the shop, but Mum wanted to go to Tesco to have a look so we headed there.

After a coffee, we browsed the rails and Mum picked out some lovely tops and some underwear. I bought a tee-shirt and a bottle of whisky for my Dad, for Father's Day, which is on the 20 June. We headed to get Mike from work, and we spent a very enjoyable half hour chatting while waiting for him at the golf course. The greens are looking gorgeous and Mum was very impressed with where he works.

At home, I made Mum a cup of tea, and we sat in the conservatory with Monty for half an hour. It has been very warm today and is due to be the same for the rest of the week, becoming humid as we approach the weekend.

I dropped Mum back at the care home and headed back to make a start with the dinner preparations. Tonight, it was chicken ham filo pastry pie, so a fair amount of work to do! Tomorrow night we're doing something easy!






No comments: