Monday 28 June 2021

A manic shift!

I was hoping for a quiet day at work, as I had a lot of things to do other than answer calls! Unfortunately, apart from a couple of pauses, the phone calls were non-stop, and I estimate we took over 300 queries during the shift. It didn't help that the wallboard crashed at one point!

Halfway through the morning, I realised I had to complete the box office returns as our cinema had re-opened on Friday, showing Dream Horse. I had received an email from the company that keeps track of all the takings, and they wanted me to send the figures off as soon as possible! I had no choice but to come off the phones so I could get them done, but I also had invoices to sort out, so the time flew by in a blur!

It was heaven to get into the peace and quiet of my car and drive home! The weather hadn't improved all day, and it had stayed grey and relentlessly gloomy again! Keith and I then popped over to Mawsley to take an item we'd sold on eBay, so it was past 5pm by the time I eventually sat down and was able to relax!

Sophie and I watched another holiday home programme this evening before dinner, this time from our own dear Puerto Pollensa where a couple were buying a holiday home, lucky things! It was lovely to see the port and the old town and I would love to think we could go back soon. Pipe dreams!

Our after-dinner viewing was Andy Murray playing in the first round at Wimbledon! Keith went upstairs to watch France v Switzerland in the Euros, while Sophie and I stayed downstairs to see the tennis, which was very exciting! Andy Murray eventually won (thank goodness) but it was almost 10pm before they went off court, so it was a thrilling match. Upstairs the game was a 3-3 draw so it went to extra time and then penalties, with Switzerland eventually winning. Keith had had a bet with Sophie's boyfriend Zain and had taken France to win the tournament, so he was not happy!



No comments: