Thursday 3 June 2021

Laundry day

Today, I have been mostly doing laundry and feeling like a 1950s housewife...

After a lie-in, Keith went shopping while I tackled the washing (our bedsheet and pillowcases) and cleared out the cupboard under the sink, ready for our new washing machine to be installed tomorrow.

Doing four loads of washing took nearly all day, but it was lovely to see the brilliant white pillowcases hanging on the line and knowing the laundry basket was empty! I also ironed some clothes for Mum and Dad, but it's been the perfect day for it, with oodles of sunshine, a gentle breeze and blue skies.

Before collecting Mike from work, we drove to Next in Kettering to pick up two tee shirts for my Mum, which we'd ordered last Sunday. We picked up Mike, dropped off all the clothes and returned home, where I had a much-needed shower! It's been warm today!

When Sophie returned home I put her gym clothes on to wash and that was it! Hopefully, tomorrow we can use a proper washing machine again!


No comments: