Tuesday 22 June 2021

Drama at work...

We had some drama at work this morning when we discovered that one of our staff had collapsed at a pool in town, and had to be revived with the defibrillator. She had fainted and fallen into the pool, but when she came around and stood up, she fell and hit her head, triggering her heart to go into spasms. Thankfully, she was conscious and talking when they took her to the hospital, and I later found out from Sara that she was back at home, so we were all very relieved. It just shows how important these machines are when it comes to saving lives.

Work was much quieter today and I put the rest of the films onto the system in case I'm busy on Friday and next week with the summer holiday activities. Outside we had cloud and occasional sunny spells, but it's set to improve from tomorrow, thank goodness!

Back home I hoovered the whole house and cleaned my en-suite, but on Thursday I'm going to do a deep clean. Keith and I really must get our heads into gear about the kitchen and choosing tiles! A builder is coming out on Friday to look at the wall we're taking down and I must find somewhere to store all the items in our cupboard and the books on the shelving unit!

After a delicious dinner, Keith watched the football while I retreated upstairs (after England's first and only goal) and watched The Great British Photography Challenge. Sophie joined me after having a bath and promptly fell asleep, bless her!

No comments: