Sunday 20 June 2021

Celebrating Dads!

The weather has been truly awful today with heavy, grey cloud and absolutely no sign of the sun at all. Horrible!

Mike was at work again this morning, and I think he started even earlier than yesterday! Poor Keith should have had a lie-in! We'd barely got home before I had to go and pick up my Mum and Dad from the care home, as I'd arranged to take them out with Sophie.

The plan was to go to Sywell Aerodrome and see if there were any planes about, but the little airport was very quiet. There's a museum there, and a few people were visiting, but there certainly weren't any planes flying today. My Dad opened his presents from me - a bottle of Bourbon and a tee-shirt, and we drove down to Northampton where my parents enjoyed a KFC takeaway sitting in the car.

Sophie and I fancied a chicken wrap so we drove the short distance to McDonald's but they had nothing available! We bought McFlurries for Mum and Dad and visited another fast-food outlet, Subway on Brackmills where we finally enjoyed some lunch - a chicken and salad wrap, which was delicious.

I hadn't been able to get my Dad's wheelchair into the back of his car so we were very limited as to what we could do today, but I promised I'd book a table at a local teashop for a wedding anniversary lunch next month, and I'm taking them back to the flying field next Sunday for a barbecue.

We took them back to the care home via a scenic route, but I did feel a bit guilty that we hadn't done more. The weather remained stubbornly gloomy and miserable, and Sophie and I headed home where we had a chocolate facemask and watched Four in a Bed. Mike had gone out with Abbie so he wanted a lift home, and at 5pm Sophie and I sat down to play Scrabble and enjoy a cocktail.

Keith cooked (yes, I know it's Father's Day, but he wanted to!) roast chicken for dinner, and then our weekend was over. The time has sped by again and it's Monday tomorrow! Another week looms!

No comments: