Sunday 13 June 2021

Lazy Sunday

Today was forecast to be the hottest of the year so far, and it was probably accurate! We've had never-ending blue skies, small fluffy white clouds and perpetual sunshine all day!

After a lazy start to the morning, Keith and I cut the back lawn and strimmed the edges. It was too hot to do anything else so we sat on the garden seat and enjoyed the beautiful weather. The birds kept coming down for food and weren't put off by our presence at all. It did put the starlings off, though, which was a good thing as just lately, they have been fighting and squabbling on the fat snax feeders, and making a real racket! Sophie did a workout and joined us in the garden to eat an apple and a banana before getting ready for her lunch out with Laura and Daisy. It was lovely to sit and relax and soak up the sunshine. 

After Sophie had left with her friends, Keith and I drove to Mawsley to buy some lager for later in the day. It's been ages since we'd been to Mawsley, and I remembered last year when I seemed to be going multiple times every day!

Back home I pottered about and Keith watched England play in the Euros. I had a bath and wrapped myself in a huge towel I'd bought. It was enormous, and it was bliss to lie on my bed with the fan going and watch a film - The Professor and the Madman starring Sean Penn and a rugged, grizzled Mel Gibson.

Sophie arrived home at about 4pm, just before we left to pick up Mike from the train station. He was hot and frazzled from the journey, so we had the air-conditioning on full blast on the journey home. Outside it was saying the temperature was 29c, higher than it probably was, but hot enough!

Sophie was also hot and frazzled when we got home and said she felt like she hadn't had a restful weekend at all. I had to agree that yesterday, although enjoyable, was hard work and a lot of the stuff we wanted to sell was still in the conservatory! I told Keith I felt a bit "discombobulated" and said I should have done more today, but it was warm and I'm not good in the hot weather! Lying by a pool is fine, but that's about it!

Dinner this evening was another delicious barbecue - we're really getting the hang of this now!

No comments: