Thursday 10 June 2021

Busy, busy!

Mike was off to London today, to see Abbie, so Keith drove him down to the station at about 10am. From there he went to do our weekly shop, leaving me at home to sort out all the stuff we had gathered to sell at the garage sale on Saturday.

In a moment of madness, I had also decided to change our bed so I had all that to deal with! It's been overcast and muggy today, so not ideal conditions to be carting books and things around! I sorted out Sophie's clothes first and made sure they were clean. I then started the mammoth task of putting all of our books into some kind of order and brought another big box in from the garage. It's such a shame that secondhand books are worth so little these days. We have some gorgeous tomes that cost a fortune when they were new! I think I will be glad when Saturday is over, and what doesn't get sold is going to the charity shop!

Washing the sheet and pillowcases today was a lot easier than last week, and they were soon out on the line. Ruth popped around with some bags of pet food pouches, but I don't have a clue as to when we're going to Milton Keynes next! I've stored them in our already cluttered garage and we'll have to make the trip soon!

By late afternoon I had retired order to the house, and had also ironed Sophie's clothes that she was selling, had ironed our pillowcases, hand-washed two of my delicate tee-shirts and hoovered downstairs, as well as putting all of our fresh clean bedding back onto the bed. I felt shattered! I went and had a glorious shower before Keith and I played cards in the conservatory while Sophie chatted to us about her very stressful day! One of her colleagues thought she had Covid, so that was a bit of a worry, but thankfully she tested negative! 

Dinner tonight was very easy - cold meats with salad and crushed new potatoes. Just what we needed after such a busy day!

No comments: