Friday 18 June 2021

A little bicker!

We awoke to torrential rain this morning, and it carried on for most of the day, only stopping when I went home at 4pm.

Kathy and I had a very pleasant shift at work, and after the first rush of calls it was so quiet I was able to put the rest of the playscheme places onto the system, as well as some more films. Nicola was in a very chatty mood today, and even gave us a teabag each for a drink in the afternoon as well as a bar of chocolate! A great shift to end the week on!

I put the hoover around at home, cleaned the kitchen floor, and spruced up the bathroom as Abbie is staying over the weekend. Mike is working both days and has to go in extra early as there's a tournament taking place.

Sophie and I were looking forward to watching the film Sideways tonight, and I'd picked out a bottle of Californian Pinot Noir from Aldi to drink while we watched. The main character in the film is obsessed with the grape so I thought it would be good to drink along with the characters as they drove through the Southern California wine region.

However, Keith let slip that he'd done nothing with the planned curry for dinner, except cut up the chicken and marinate it. We thought that he'd cut up the veg and cooked the chicken before chilling it in the fridge, leaving us to just heat it up, but no... To say I was not amused was an understatement, and we exchanged a few sharp words. When I returned from giving him a lift to the pub, Sophie and I had to cut up the onions, mushrooms and peppers, and then cook the curry on the hob. We then bunged it all in the oven, and settled down with a glass of wine to watch at least forty-five minutes of the film!

After we'd eaten Keith did the right thing and went upstairs to watch the England-Scotland game. I might have been interested but we wanted to see the end of the film, and the rest of the bottle of wine was waiting! Sophie and I are hoping to go to the same area next year so it was lovely to see the fabulous scenery and dream!

No comments: