Friday 25 June 2021

So glad it's Friday!

Sophie had today off as she was meeting Zain at the station in Northampton, so I had a lie-in until 7.30am, when she left to go to the gym. Keith had been up much earlier with Mike and had dropped him at work at 5am. There was some kind of charity tournament happening today, but Mike said he would be finished early to compensate!

Highfields were due today at 8.30am to look at the dividing wall that was coming down in the kitchen and arrived as I was in the shower. I heard a lot of banging, and when I went downstairs, there was a hole in our kitchen ceiling!

Work was certainly not as pleasant as last Friday and was definitely more stressful! I had a couple of grumpy customers and problems with the cinema screenings, so I was extremely glad to leave at 4pm and head home! Sophie had collected Zain at 1pm and they had enjoyed a late lunch at a restaurant in Olney. She assured me that she would still be home in time for Wine Night!

When I arrived home our garage door was wide open but the house was like the Marie Celeste. Obviously, because of his early finish, Mike had caught an earlier train to London to see Abbie! Keith came home a short while later and got ready to go to the pub, but I have to confess to sitting in front of the television and vegging out! It was just lovely to sit there and empty my mind!

Sophie arrived home at about 6.30pm, saying she was extremely lucky as she'd got Zain to the station - with seconds to spare - for his 6pm train. Any later, and he would have had an hour's wait as the next few trains were cancelled, or even worse, she may have had to drive him to Milton Keynes to catch one there!

There was no way she was eating dinner with us, which was just cold meats, salad and potatoes anyway, because of her large lunch only a few hours before. We sat and chatted about her day and at 7.30pm I collected Keith from the pub. His friend, Dave, is really not that well but is having treatment, and his son gave him a lift home this evening.

After dinner we didn't feel like watching a film, so Keith and I watched another episode of Swamp People. Well, I say we watched it, but Keith fell asleep for most of the episode!





No comments: