Monday 7 June 2021

Making plans!

Monday rolls around far too quickly, and the weekend has sped by! Keith was supposed to go to Tesco early this morning to get some shopping, but he came back to bed instead! I really don't blame him! At least he has a short week this week as Mike is off to London to see Abbie on Thursday.

Sophie had set her alarm for 6am this morning, and I heard her get up, but then it went quiet. Yesterday evening she said she felt she had no energy at all after her jab, and her arm was very sore, so this morning she had obviously decided not to go to the gym, which I think was a wise decision.

I stayed in bed until 7am listening to the cacophony of birdsong outside. Two wood pigeons seemed to be having a conversation, and then the sparrows and starlings started squabbling and chattering! Life in the countryside is not quiet!

As Keith hadn't gone to Tesco, and I had nothing for my lunch (unless I fancied stale bread), I popped into the Tesco garage to buy a sandwich before heading into work. It felt very humid after the rain yesterday and everything was damp. It did remind me a bit of a Florida morning after a storm!

Work was OK, busy at first and then it quietened down. The children are back at school this week and thoughts are turning to the next school holidays, the long summer break starting in July. I had several enquiries about the playscheme we put on, so that will be my next job!

Back at home I tidied up and put the hoover around. When Sophie returned home we sat in the conservatory, and Keith and I played cards while Sophie and I discussed our trip to California next year. We won't be doing Alcatraz, Muir Woods or the Winchester Mystery House again, but we want to do two wine tours (Napa and Sonoma), and we want to spend more time in Carmel and Monterey, and perhaps even do a whale-watching trip!

This evening's meal was stir-fried pork with noodles in a peanut sauce, and it wasn't too bad thank goodness!


No comments: