Monday 6 February 2017

Looking back

We had a relaxed Monday morning as Sophie wasn't at uni until midday and Mike wasn't in at all. I spent a couple of hours reading my very last Counselling module while Sophie also worked on her uni projects.

We dropped her off at lunchtime and drove over to the Weston Favell centre to do a bit of shopping and have some lunch before it was time to go back and collect her. As we were walking to the car my phone rang and it was a very angry Mike ranting down the phone at me that we should have picked him up at 1pm to take him to Brixworth!

I had no recollection of this and when I looked at my phone I'd had fifteen missed calls as well as various texts and messages! My phone had been in my bag the whole time which is why I'd never heard it ring! In the car it rang and it was my mum worried about us as Mike had even called her!

We picked Sophie up and went home to a mad Mike who insisted he had told us last night at dinner of his plans... Sophie and I dropped him off in Brixworth and then carried on into Northampton as my daughter needed to call into work to put down the hours she'd worked. I had a good chat with Polly and then we popped to Morrison's so Sophie could buy some wine and thank you cards for the tutors who had organised the New York trip.

The weather, so pleasant and sunny this morning had turned horrible, grey and misty and when we got home I realised that 8 years ago this week we had quite a bit of snow fall. Here are some photos!






Beautiful sunset

The White Horse, Old


No comments: