Tuesday 14 February 2017

Changes afoot!

Sophie was in at uni at 10am this morning and before heading home, Keith and I drove over to Wellingborough to find the office where I was going for an interview next week. I found it easily (thank goodness for Google maps!) and we headed home for breakfast of coffee and toast.

It's been another lovely day today with a frost this morning and plenty of sunshine and blue skies. I finished my assignment and emailed it off to my tutor so that's it! I will await the comments and hope that it's all OK. I won't actually use this qualification (if I get it) and I do sometimes think that I've wasted time on the course, but at least I can say I've done it and it's another string to my bow! Having completed the course I've come to the conclusion that the profession is not for me and doing this certificate would not have guaranteed me a job anyway. But I've learnt a lot so I don't think it's all been a waste of time.

Mid-morning I received an email from Peter from the franchise company and he sent me the agreement. It stretched to 38 pages and it was scarily similar to the one we had to read when we sold the business. It's all getting very real now and important decisions will have to be made over the next few weeks. At the moment I feel like diving into a warm burrow and hiding!

We picked Sophie up from uni and once home, Sophie resumed her revision for a forthcoming test and I had a good look at the agreement I'd received. The general opinion was to ensure a proper Franchise Lawyer looked at it, but they charge around £400-£700!

Mike was out in the evening for a meal at Pizza Hut with some friends (oh, yes...it's Valentine's Day!) so Keith decided to take Sophie and me out as well and we went to The Lamplighter. I imagined it would be really busy there, but there were hardly any people in so it was great to sit and have a good talk over their delicious food accompanied by some good beer. We had garlic bread to start followed by a BBQ burger for Sophie, steak and ale pie for Keith and a Piri Piri chicken burger for me.

Mike called before we had even started our main course as his meal was over! We asked him to wait for us in McDonald's and by 8.15pm we were on our way home. Sophie and I settled down to watch The Moorside and very good it was, too!

No comments: