Saturday 18 February 2017

Slasher Keith strikes again!

Over breakfast I was reading the supplement with the Daily Mail and noticed that Monty Don said that now was the time to prune apple trees, if they hadn't already been done. I casually mentioned this to Keith who immediately leapt into action and disappeared into the garden to prune ours!

I followed him outside and helped him pick up all the branches and then he moved onto another tree...I went back inside to call my Mum and during the phone call I saw him having a go at the bush outside the conservatory...it had been reduced to a stump!

He attacked another bush so I thought it was a better idea to join forces with him and keep an eye on what he was doing...who knows? The rest of the garden may have disappeared if I hadn't! We gathered up all the cuttings and stuffed them into our wheelie bin and I raked up a load of dead leaves that were covering the gravel. All the time we were out in the garden the robin was sat in the trees either watching us or singing to us.

It was chillier than I had thought it would be and the sky was cloudy but it was great to be outdoors and doing some gardening. Before long the grass will need cutting and Spring will really have arrived!

Keith went off to the football in the afternoon and I spent a lovely couple of hours catching up with some recorded programmes and then having a bath. Mike stayed in today, which made a nice change, although he didn't venture out of his bedroom much!

For dinner in the evening we tried a dish that we used to enjoy in France - whole chickens roasted on top of potatoes, onions and garlic. It didn't work particularly well and I don't think we'll be trying it again!

No comments: