Saturday 4 February 2017

A welcome return!

As soon as I was awake this morning I checked Sophie's flight on the Heathrow arrivals web page. She was due to land at about 7.45am and as soon as she was on the ground she sent me a text. It was great to hear from her!

We went to pick her up from uni at 10.30am and she looked very tired and dishevelled after her long flight. She said she'd enjoyed the trip but that it hadn't been as good as last year and she'd had another frightening encounter with a crazy man in a make-up store who had smashed loads of bottles of perfume and generally caused havoc. I have a feeling her intense love affair with New York may have waned a bit.

She emptied the contents of her case over the living room floor and showed us the presents she'd brought back with her - a really sweet make-up bag for me, chocolates, a mug for Keith, sweets for Mike and also a basketball (New York Nets) tee-shirt for him.

I made a cooked breakfast and we all sat and ate together before she went upstairs to unpack and get showered. I sorted out all her washing and put the first of many loads on!

It's been a gorgeous day today with clear blue skies and sunshine but Sophie and I stayed inside and although we'd planned to watch some of our favourite television shows in the afternoon while Keith was at football, Sophie kept falling asleep, bless her! I made a batch of muffins and generally did very little which is what I had planned today after a busy week!

Sophie woke up and was a bit more lively in the evening and we had a game of cards with a new pack that she'd bought, accompanied by a glass of wine. I'd missed my wine buddy! As a treat we had a Chinese takeaway from the van and Keith, Sophie and I were all in bed early tonight while Mike went to Walgrave to see his mates!


No comments: