Friday 3 February 2017

Tackling the jobs...

Today I had a lot of jobs I needed to do, so after dropping Mike off at college and popping to Jones's to get some lightbulbs, Keith and I came home to tackle the chores. I had even made a list of things I needed to do, something I used to do every day at work!

Keith decided to tackle Mike's bedroom as it really needed a deep clean and we were also looking for his glasses that he had somehow managed to lose. I got my jobs out of the way, changed Sophie's bedding in readiness for her return tomorrow (yippee!) and then joined him. We toiled away for another two hours and were very happy with our efforts. We washed the walls and the skirting boards and pulled out the bed to clean behind it as well as throwing away a lot of rubbish and drinks bottles that were strewn all over the floor!

I then went on to clean the rest of the house and by 4pm I was finished. It was great to look forward to a quiet evening as both Keith and Mike were heading down to Walgrave. They had planned on walking but then they saw that it was raining hard... I said to forget a lift as I had just got out of the bath and was all warm and lying happily on the bed watching the end of Pointless! We have two large umbrellas!

In between sorting dinner out I watched the last of the current run of The Affair and very good it was as well. I really hope there'll be a fourth series! Sophie contacted me from the airport and said her flight was on time, which was a relief. We were supposed to have had very stormy weather here today and although it has been wet and windy this evening, it hasn't been bad enough to disrupt flights, thank goodness!

No comments: