Sunday 5 February 2017

Fresh air and sunshine!

I woke up this morning with a terrible sore throat and a stuffy head although I didn't feel like I had an actual cold. As it was a beautiful morning I decided to make the most of the sunshine by tidying up some pots in the garden that had dead summer bedding plants in them (the frost had finally got to the geraniums) and then wash my car.

Before I did that Keith and I went to the tip with our old dining room chairs and we managed to get all six, plus some other rubbish in the back of my car. When we got to the tip we were told to put the chairs into landfill which was a real shame as I thought maybe they could be recycled.

Back home I tidied up the garage and hoovered the floor as it was covered with dead leaves and fluff from the tumble drier! I then gave my filthy car a wash and it was hard work! It looked like it had been driven through a field and there was thick mud all around the wheel arches.

It was great to get out and have some fresh air and it wasn't too cold. I managed to get away with just wearing a tee-shirt! As well as being out and getting some sun it was also nice to chat to various neighbours who walked or drove by.

In the afternoon Sophie and I called for my Mum and after showing her photos of New York, we went to Beckworth for a cup of tea. As usual, the place was packed and we had to queue for a table. Sophie and I shared a sandwich while Mum had an extremely expensive slice of cake which she was charged £4.95 for! Blimey! When I queried the price as the cake she'd ordered was only £2.95 I was told she'd been given the gluten-free wholefood slice...Hmmm!

We mooched about looking at all the pretty, but useless things after our refreshments but we drove home empty-handed, even though I was tempted by some wine. Mum invited us in for a glass of wine and we sat and chatted about Sophie's trip to New York, which was very pleasant indeed!

No comments: