Wednesday 15 February 2017

Getting soaked!

I was on my own at the Citizen's Advice Bureau today and Gill and Priya were in to advise. It was great to see Priya back again and we had a good day with a steady stream of clients coming in for advice. We had our last client come in at just before 3pm but we weren't that late and to our surprise, as we left the building it was pouring with rain! This is the first time I've known it be raining at the end of the day since I started in July!

I stopped for diesel on the way home and luckily the pumps were under cover as it was hammering it down. The roads were awash with water and driving was not easy! As soon as I was home it was bliss to sit with Keith and catch up on a couple of episodes of Death in Paradise before I went to collect Sophie from uni. She was there late today and when I drove to get her at 6pm the roads were even worse...and it was still pouring with rain.

She was late out as the man they were seeing about making a video of New York had been late and then had kept them in the room. My daughter was not very happy! We drove home through puddles of water and rush hour traffic and Keith and I watched the last half hour of our programme. It was a shame Kris Marshall that has decided to leave the series - it must be a dream job to work for six months in the Caribbean!


No comments: