Wednesday 8 February 2017

Back again!

We had another early start this morning and I left home before 8am as we have roadworks going on in the village which are causing delays. As I made my way down to a particularly tricky bridge I saw there'd been an accident, which must have just happened. There was a pick-up kind of car embedded in the hedge with a smaller car right next to the bridge itself. How it happened, I don't know, but obviously speed and an ignorance of other road users were factors in the collision.

There were also long queues of cars waiting to get through the four-way traffic lights and it took me a good 10-15 minutes to make it through. Keith and Mike were following later so I knew they'd be stuck as well and I'd warned them after experiencing the delays yesterday!

I was very early (despite the hold-ups) so I treated myself to a Flat White and a muffin in Costa and took them into the office with me. Frank arrived shortly after I did so we set up the laptops and waited for the advisers to come in. Gill arrived but Priya was off sick again so we had Jon come in to help out.

Again, we had a busy session and I saw a couple of people who I knew which was strange. One of the ladies I saw used to work for my parents and she asked after them, which was lovely. She hadn't changed a bit!

We all got away on time and it was great to get home and relax. I answered an email from one of the CAB managers who wants me to attend a meeting later in February about proposed changes where we work, so that should be interesting. There are rumours that the service is going to revert back to how it used to be so I will be pleased to give my input. Frank has asked me to try and get them to re-install our Q-Flow system and I will try! I also took a call from Peter, the franchise owner, about meeting at a half-way point so we could get introduced and have a chat. It looks like things are moving, which is great!

Before going to get Mike from college at the much later time of 6pm, we called to see my parents as Sophie had bought a bottle of wine and a thank-you card for them after they had given her some money for her New York trip. We had a very pleasant hour chatting over a glass of wine and some cheesy biscuits before heading out into the dark to pick up Mike.

Back home we had time for a couple of games of cards and some more wine before dinner!


No comments: