Monday 27 February 2017

A bit of a Spring clean!

I had planned on giving the house a good clean this week and then decorating our hall, stairs and landing by the weekend. I wasn't looking forward to it!

We dropped Sophie off at uni at 9.30am and then I left Keith at Pitsford so he could walk home. I returned to make a start on the housework and gave the hallway a really good clean in preparation for the painting. I will be glad to get rid of the colour we have on the walls at the moment - a nondescript white that looks faded and horrible. I have picked out a lovely cream emulsion so I'm hoping it will look lovely against the white doors and skirting boards. Keith, on my instructions, took down the ugly wooden banisters we have on the stairs - I'm hoping to replace them with something more modern.

As well as cleaning the hallway I sorted out our kitchen cupboards and threw a load of stuff out that we no longer use or that had gone way past it "best before" date. Now I could see what we have in the cupboards and things don't fall out every time I open them!

One of Mike's friends, Maisie, walked up to the house at 1.30pm and we gave her and Mike a lift to Brixworth on the way to picking Sophie up from uni. After we'd collected our daughter we called into Aldi to get dinner for Tuesday and Wednesday and when we came out the heavens had opened and we had torrential rain. We had seen the clouds building up on the horizon so we knew we were in for some bad weather!

After Aldi we drove to B&Q as Keith wanted to get some plaster to fill in the holes of the walls we were going to decorate. The car park was full of puddles and it felt really cold and horrible! Where has Spring gone?

It rained all the way home and it was bliss to get inside and put the heating on. Sue popped around for a cup of tea and we had a chat in the conservatory before I started on the dinner. Mike was staying out tonight so there was only the three of us eating a Pasta Carbonara.

After we'd eaten Keith went upstairs to watch the football while Sophie and I settled down to enjoy the Oscar ceremony from last night. We did a fair bit of fast forwarding when the winners were giving speeches, but with the fiasco at the end over the Best Film nomination, we watched every second!

No comments: