Friday 10 February 2017

A day of paperwork...

It has snowed all day today but it never settled at all, which was a shame. It would have been lovely to see a covering of snow before the weekend!

I took Mike and Sophie to college and uni as Keith had to wait in for the tumble drier technician to come out and rectify some fault that has affected Hotpoint and Indesit machines - the one where it causes the drier to burst into flames! I always clean the filter of fluff and since we bought it two years ago we've never had a problem.

Of course, he arrived just as we were sitting down to eat our breakfast toast but after asking where the light was in the garage he was happy on his own. His presence freaked Monty out who stood at the conservatory door and cried to come in but thankfully he wasn't long and Monty was able to go back to his bed.

Keith and I spent the day grappling with finances - we looked at travel insurance for him as we need to get something sorted out before we pay the balance of our holiday in May. I also looked at the private medical insurance I have and decided I may need to cancel it until I get the franchise up and running. I looked at comparison sites and saw one policy that was £50 a month cheaper than I'm paying now! It galls me to think I've been paying for this policy for years now and have only ever needed to use it once. I dread to think how much I've paid over the years.

We picked Mike up at 3pm and as soon as we were home Sophie sent me a message to say that she would need picking up earlier than normal from uni. Outside the sky was a dark grey and I really thought we were going to have a heavy snowfall...no such luck!






No comments: