Wednesday 24 June 2015

Saying no...

Apart from a few grunts this morning Mike appeared fine after his hayfever bout last night. However, at work, when I was down in the kitchen chatting to Maureen about her holiday, Keith came and handed me my mobile phone as the school were calling me...

I took the call and learnt that Mike was complaining of a bad back again. This happened last Wednesday and after collecting him from school he was absolutely fine so today I refused to go and pick him up. I told the staff member to tell him to go and do some revision for his exams in the library instead! I didn't feel in the slightest bit guilty as I knew my son was just trying it on again!

We were very quiet at work today (it was a good job Sophie stayed at home) and after buying a length of velcro for the mats at work and fitting the strips, we headed home. My ankle was throbbing with pain (probably because I wasn't wearing supportive shoes) so I spent the rest of the afternoon with my foot propped on our new banquette in the hope that the pain would go away.

Later in the evening Keith and I went to look at the skies as we were supposed to be able to see a display of the Aurora Borealis if we looked to the north. All we saw were bats and some interesting cloud shapes...typical!

No comments: