Friday 5 June 2015

Not the best of days!

Sophie and I had today off work as we wanted to go to Milton Keynes to buy some summer clothes and also to check out a restaurant called Turtle Bay, which wasn't far from Las Iguanas.

Although we'd been given warnings in our area for heavy rain and thunderstorms, the day turned out to be beautiful, despite a shower as I drove Mikey to school. By the time we left at 10am the sun had come out and I was regretting my choice of clothes! My long sleeved top and jeans turned out to be a bit warm!

We called to see Mum and Dad at work first then headed off to Milton Keynes, via the A508 for a change, and then parked in the multi-storey. Our usual coffee stop, within Waterstones, had completely gone so that surprised us! We went to the cafe in M&S instead, which itself had been revamped and was unrecognisable! I didn't think it had been that long since we'd visited!

We had a good look around M&S and I picked out a pair of white jeans and some new knicks, but I didn't see anything else I liked at all. We went off to a few more shops but just nothing was appealing today and I began to feel a little bit dizzy. Whether it was the heat, I don't know, but I certainly wasn't feeling my best!

Sophie visited New Look while I sat outside in the sunshine, but she didn't see anything she liked either, so we went to Debenhams and even the lure of Mac make-up didn't work its magic today! We decided to give up on shopping and headed over to Turtle Bay for lunch.

The restaurant was quite busy with several tables taken but we had no problem being seated and Sophie chose a Mojito to drink while I opted for the homemade Pink Lemonade.

Sophie and Mojitos!

Turtle Bay serves Caribbean cuisine and the restaurant itself is bright with sunshine colours and Jamaican music playing in the background. We ordered a starter of garlic flatbread followed by Jerk chicken wrap for Sophie and a pulled chicken bun for me. Both dishes were served with thin French fries and coleslaw.

Sophie enjoyed the flatbread but I thought it lacked taste. The service was very good and our main courses arrived swiftly. I enjoyed my pulled chicken bun but Sophie spent most of her time picking out "slimy" vegetables from her wrap and left the second half, prompting the waitress to ask if she needed a take-away box. The answer was a firm "No!" so I don't think we'll be returning any time soon, and certainly not after the film we're planning to see in a couple of weeks time! I'm not sure that Keith would enjoy the food although they do serve goat curry!

It was bliss to get home after our unsuccessful excursion and sit in the garden to soak up the afternoon sunshine. Keith came out with me and it was lovely to be quiet and watch the birds flitting about!


No comments: