Thursday 4 June 2015

The end of a (short) era.

We awoke to another gorgeous day with beautiful blue skies and much warmer temperatures. It seems crazy that on Tuesday we had to put the heating on in the office at work and today it was estimated to get up to 23c!

Mikey had to go to the Orthodontist this morning as he had already managed to do something to his braces and they had to be put right. Keith dropped him off at 8.30am and then he contacted me (on Facebook as Keith's phone wasn't working!) to pick him up.

I took him back to school (reluctantly) and then Sophie and I spent the morning getting things done and going to a few suppliers. We also went and cancelled our gym membership and luckily we had completed our year's contract in full otherwise I think they would have kept on charging us...I was more than ready for an argument, I can tell you!

I felt a little sad but with summer here, we'll be able to get out for a walk and I'm sure it'll be better for us and we'll exercise more!

Back at work we were busier than I expected which was a pleasant surprise!

We left work at 3pm and went home where I sat in the garden to soak up some sunshine. I also took some pics of our feathered friends:

Our Rook

Our gorgeous little robin

One of the many blackbirds that visit


Baby Starlings enjoying the water bath

Although they're more than capable of feeding themselves, these starlings still want Mum or Dad to do it for them!

No comments: