Tuesday 28 April 2015

Wrecking things...

I finished work early today as for the next two days I will be at work until at least 6pm. Although the sun was shining, it was a little cold because of the wind, but it didn't stop me getting out into the garden to do a little bit of work.

I mowed the front verge first and almost broke the mower blades on one of the concrete covers embedded in the grass. The lawnmower made a funny noise so I had to call Keith to come and look at it. He did a bit of swearing and went and fetched a wrench so he could manoeuvre the blade back into place. To make sure that it still worked OK, I mowed the back lawn as well and luckily all worked well! Phew!

I then, for some unknown reason, pulled up a load of lilies which I'd mistaken for weeds. It was only when I was yanking them out of the pot that I realised what they were...oh dear! Of course, by then it was too late so I resigned myself to having to buy some more. After this I thought it was about time to stop gardening so I went to see the birds who were stuffing themselves with mealworms (I've gone through almost an entire bag since Sunday) and fat snax. The robin made an appearance, and also the little blackbird that is always in our garden and who isn't afraid of me either!

As I was a bit chilled by now I went and indulged in a hot bath and then it was time to take Mikey to Army Cadets. Time is flying by once again!


No comments: