Friday 17 April 2015

A long and weary day...

I haven't been in the best of moods today and it hasn't helped that Polly has been off as she had to go to a funeral. Sophie was covering Reception and of course, today has been much busier than any other day this week!

It's been a lot cooler and the warm temperatures have certainly dropped to more normal levels today. Plus, it's been cloudy as well so we've been busy and as we had a party at lunchtime, we've probably had more customers in than the rest of the week put together!

When Sophie was looking after the party I spent my time running backwards and forwards from either the office or the kitchen to reception. Every time I turned my back on the desk, another customer would either come in or want to leave. At times I felt like they were doing it deliberately!

Luckily by mid-afternoon, things had quietened down considerably and I popped next door to BACA to get a top for a new member of staff. Going to see the guys at BACA always cheers me up as we have a great chat and I normally come away with a free flapjack!

Sophie and I were able to leave at just before 6pm and it was home for a well-earned glass of wine. We have new neighbours as Sarah and Liam's house has now been rented out so I might do a bit of peeking through net curtains this weekend to see who we have living next door to us!



No comments: