Thursday 16 April 2015

Little drinkies...

I was all set to go home from work today and mow my own lawn but then I realised I was taking Mike to see one of the nurses at the surgery after school and I just didn't have the time. I did have time, though, to sit in the garden for a while and soak up some sunshine!

Mike's back has been hurting him for a while and it seems he has an injury caused by playing sport at school. The nurse said the only cure was rest and taking Ibuprofen. He then mentioned his toes which he stubbed on some shelving the other week and they looked a little swollen. Again, taking painkillers was the only thing we could do, as well as try and strap them up.

As soon as we arrived back home I sorted out some nibbles as Sue was coming around for a drink. I cut up some peppers and paid out dips, Pringles, olives and some cold meats. She brought a bottle of Prosecco with her and it was delicious! Perfect for summer drinking and as our conservatory had been warmed by the sun all day it was lovely to sit and sip it and have a chat.

After she'd gone we ate Fajitas, but I was too full from the nibbles so I literally had a spoonful of chicken and some roasted veg and that was it!


No comments: