Sunday 5 April 2015

Celebrating 19 years!

Sophie woke nice and early this morning to open her cards and presents and was delighted with everything she received! She wanted me to make an IHOP breakfast so Keith and I retreated to the kitchen and set about making American-style pancakes, hash browns, bacon, smoked chipolatas and fried eggs, sunny side up!


It took a while but the effort was worth it as Sophie was over the moon and we all enjoyed a lovely start to the day.

After breakfast we went around to see Mum and Dad and she received more pressies and cards, plus an Easter egg for Michael and a beautiful planter for Keith and I as an Easter present. It will add some much needed colour to our garden.

When we returned home I quickly put the hoover around and then we went off to the gym for a lovely swim. The pool was almost empty and everywhere was blissfully quiet, much different to what I'd expected! We swam for about half an hour and then sat and wallowed in the spa, but we were a bit dismayed when we heard the fire alarms ringing as we enjoyed the warm water! As we went to get our towels, we heard someone say it was a false alarm so we thankfully sank back into the bubbles!

After the spa I had a lovely hot shower then we called into Costa Coffee for a cup of tea and a cake to round off our afternoon. The staff didn't seem that keen to be working on Easter Sunday and Sophie's Creamy Cooler was definitely not up to the usual standard!

We just had time to relax before we went out in the evening to Las Iguanas in Milton Keynes. It was an absolutely beautiful evening with the promised sunshine arriving as we drove through the countryside. Mum and Dad had already arrived and we had a quick drink before taking our seats at the dinner table. We decided to have starters but then leave dessert until we got home as we were planning on sharing Sophie's ice-cream cake with my parents. I chose the chicken topped nachos along with Sophie and Mikey and they were delicious. For my main course I decided on the chicken burger while my daughter and son both chose the fajitas...what else?



Keith had kindly offered to drive so I drank a couple of bottles of a delicious amber beer while Sophie enjoyed a cocktail...or three!

No comments: