Wednesday 15 April 2015

Playing truant...

Today has been very quiet indeed at work, with barely a handful of customers in all day...

After the Booker order had been delivered Keith and I made a start of tidying up our garden area by throwing out some old chairs that had been left out there over the winter. The grass now needs a good cut!

As promised, Sophie and I went for a drive in our car-park and I discovered the fundamental problem why Sophie keeps stalling Jim...her foot is in the wrong position as she raises the clutch and instead of her heel being firmly on the floor so she has control of the pedal, she has her leg in mid-air. No wonder she keeps stalling the engine! Her driving instructor should have told her this at her very first lesson, before she even started the car! I also told her to depress the clutch when she turned on the ignition...in my car I have to do this otherwise the engine won't even start!

This would also explain why she complained of her leg and her back hurting after every lesson. I felt really angry that she hadn't been told this, so now it looks like we'll have to start all over again and I won't be going with Sophie out on the roads again until I feel she is confident in setting off in Jim and not stalling it. She will have try and forget how she was driving over the last seven months and we can start all over again. Needless to say we have told her instructor that we no longer need her services.

As we were so quiet, we popped out in the late morning to go to the bank, Tesco and Jones's. Sophie found some dog toys in Jones's and had a play with them...


I said we should take a couple to the Ben Howard concert next week in Birmingham! We could wave them at him!

From Jones's we drove to DFS where I showed Keith the sofa I fell in love with. He took one look and said it would never fit in our living room! We had another look around and found a three seater that was very modern and comfortable. We decided we'd like to order the sofa, two chairs and a banquette to go in the window area and they were all less money than the one sofa I'd had my eye on!

It'll take about four weeks for the sofa to arrive so we just need to sort out someone to come and remove our old one on the day that the furniture is delivered. It will be lovely to get rid of our old, stained sofa!

After a quick trip to the bank and Tesco we headed back to work where Keith said his goodbyes and returned home in my car. Sophie and I had another drive around the car park and although she found it easier to pull away, the new way of depressing the clutch will take some getting used to!

No comments: