Saturday 18 April 2015

Chilly Saturday!

Today dawned bright and sunny but it's definitely cooler as we have a wind blowing in from the North. Sophie asked me to make pancakes for breakfast and I used a new cake tin that has doubled up as a pancake mould. I poured the batter into the middle and let it settle before removing the tin and it did kind of keep its round shape! I didn't pour as much batter in as I did the other week so I was pleased with the results!

We haven't seen much of our new neighbours but I did see the woman peering through the en-suite window as we were having breakfast so it looks like curiosity is mutual!

In the afternoon Sophie and I went shopping in Market Harborough and although still sunny it was definitely cold! We had a great tasting in Duncan's shop and I bought a bottle of Malbec from Argentina and a Picpoul, a white from the Languedoc. I also treated Keith to a couple of beers and a bottle of the Wiper and True Milkshake for me!

I attempted to sit in the garden for a while when we got home but I only lasted about five minutes, preferring to retreat to the conservatory to savour the sun without the wind. Keith and Mike returned from watching Sileby play and said that they'd enjoyed the game and there was just one more to go before the season ends.

Leaving the children at home, Keith and I went to the pub in Old for a drink and enjoyed a very pleasant hour sitting in the window and watching the world go by. The Landlord has a new Cherry Stout on offer which I tried but when I returned home I preferred my milky stout from Duncan!

No comments: