Saturday 11 April 2015

A helping hand...

Today was earmarked for painting doors but we awoke to grey skies and then heavy rain. Not a good day for having doors open!

I tackled the housework today, helped by the rest of my family, amazingly! Sophie cleaned her room and then Mike appeared asking for the hoover as he'd tidied his bedroom as well...without me asking him! He made a fantastic job of it and I told everyone how easier it was to clean the house when everyone mucks in to help. Keith did all the ironing and I washed loads of bedding and clothes. I did imagine that everything would be out on the line but the weather remained a bit murky until lunchtime so it was into the tumble dryer for everything (and then it didn't need a lot of ironing afterwards!).

At around 3pm Sophie and I went to Homesense as she had a gift card for the store and wanted to buy some storage boxes for all her make-up and jewellery. She found what she was looking for so she was thrilled with her purchases. I contented myself with buying some chocolate for Mikey and a box of Iowa popcorn...

We popped into DFS before going back to the car as we desperately need a new sofa. Ours is disgusting and I refuse to let anyone but us sit on it. We inherited the three-seater sofa, a two-seater sofa and an armchair from my Mum and Dad and it's cream... There have been things spilled on it, Monty insists on curling up on it thereby spreading fur and bits of field all over it and I think it's time for a new one. As well as that, the whole living room needs a makeover!

I saw a beautiful, very large and comfortable, sofa called Loch Leven, but I'm not sure whether it will fit in our living room. I made a note of the name and we went home to tell Keith who wasn't that interested, if I'm honest!

Tonight we decided to have a Chinese take-away from the van in the village so we called into the pub for a drink while it was being cooked. We sat in the back room, in splendid isolation, as there weren't any seats in the main lounge. It didn't matter, though, as we all had a good chat - Keith had banned electronic devices!


No comments: