Thursday 9 April 2015

First cut of the season...

We've had yet another glorious day here with temperatures reaching 17-18c this afternoon. Mum had an appointment at Virgin's beauty salon at lunchtime so Sophie and I dropped her off, went to the bank and then went  back to wait for her in the cafe. There was not much going on at work so it was lovely to be able to relax for an hour and enjoy a panini (well, Sophie did, I just had a coffee).

When Mum emerged from the salon her hair looked a bit of a mess where the therapist had pulled it back so she asked if we could take her home. We called in to see Keith who was ironing and I said that we'd try and leave off early.

Back at work it was still pretty quiet so we left at 3pm and I went home to tidy up the front garden. I mowed the verge and raked thousands of dead leaves out from under the bushes. After hoeing the soil it looked so much neater! Monty-cat came out to keep me company but then he and Archie had the most horrendous fight, chasing each other across the road and almost coming to a nasty end under the wheels of a passing car. Luckily the woman driving was going very slowly and she couldn't believe the fighting that was going on in our driveway! Something has upset both of them badly by the looks of it!

I went and picked up all the tufts of fur that were scattered about and gave the garage a quick hoover as Keith had spilt a load of washing powder the other day and it had been irritating to go in there and see it every day! Men!

In the evening I was chief taxi-driver for Sophie who was meeting friends in town to celebrate her and a friend's birthdays. They were eating at an Italian restaurant called Sophia's and I had offered to give them all a lift home. At 10.30pm I was sitting outside waiting for a group of giggly girls who'd had a great time! I have to say, though, that the car did smell of garlic very strongly afterwards!

No comments: