Monday 6 April 2015

A spot of shopping...

This morning we all went off to Milton Keynes to do some shopping as Mikey was desperate for some new clothes. We stopped off briefly on the way at McDonald's to give the kids breakfast and had a very long wait for Mikey's bacon roll!

Keith's brother, Val, had given him a fold-up bike but the inner tubes needed replacing or repairing and we discovered there was a cycle shop near Xscape, so we called there first to see if they could have a look. Keith went off to find the shop and I put £1 in the parking meter only to see him come back outside to say they were so busy they couldn't look at it for a few days. It might give us an excuse to come over during the week when the shopping centre isn't so busy!

To my delight, the parking was free today (even though I'd already paid £1 near Xscape!) and we left the car in the multi-storey before hitting the shops. We all went to River Island first and Mike picked out some shirts, tee-shirts and a pair of boots. It was great that Sophie helped him and he looked very smart indeed in his new outfit!

Sophie treated herself to a new handbag downstairs in the women's section and then we headed off to Next to get Mike some new jeans and boxer shorts. I felt a little peeved that we had to go shopping today as the weather outside was glorious - gorgeous blue skies and lots of beautiful sunshine. I could have done with being at home in then garden!

Maybe other people felt the same way as there were some grumpy people out shopping today! A man pushing a wheelchair nearly took my feet off when he virtually aimed for me! I couldn't get out of the way fast enough and I couldn't believe how rude he was! We stopped for a coffee in Caffe Italia and an elderly lady sat next to me, making it quite clear I'd taken up more than my fair share of space as she subtly rammed the tray I'd put down next to me, into my leg at regular intervals...Charming!

Sophie gave up on shopping for Mac make-up with her birthday money and as it had now become much busier than when we'd arrived, we decided to call it a day and head home. I had to call into work first, though, and do the Booker order before dropping Keith off at his football ground where he was going to watch a match.

Once home (at last!) I prepared the dinner and Mike went off for a walk in his new clothes. He wanted me to take him to Brixworth but I just didn't have the time as I had the veggies to peel for our dinner of roast lamb.

Once everything had been prepared I was finally able to sit in the garden with Sophie for a little while and soak up some lovely sunshine. There was real warmth in the rays and it was great to sit outside and watch the birds flitting about in the trees.

I put the lamb in to the oven to roast and Sophie and I went and picked up Keith from his football match. Mikey arrived home a few minutes after we did and said he'd been exploring the fields...in his new clothes!

My roast dinner turned out OK, although the Yorkshire puddings certainly weren't up to Keith's standards!

No comments: