Saturday 25 April 2015

In a grump!

Today has been a little trying... After we dropped Sophie off at work this morning Keith and I went to Halfords on Riverside with his folding bike to see if they could fit the new inner tubes. The blasted thing kept rattling around in the back of the car, rolling from one side to the other every time I went around a corner!

Parking was easier than I expected and Keith lugged the bike over to the store. Unfortunately, the information we were given yesterday was incorrect as the store didn't have the correct inner tubes in stock and has had to order them ready for them to be fitted on Tuesday.

From Halfords we went to the Weston Favell Centre (the second of the twin evils, the first being Riverside Retail Park at the weekend) and bought some new school trousers for Mike as he came home on Friday with his PE shorts on after splitting the seams!

We'd barely been home twenty minutes and I was sitting in the garden reading the paper in the sun when the phone rang and it was Sophie to say she wasn't needed any more at work and could I pick her up? Of course, I was really annoyed that I had to go out again after just getting home and I was rather looking forward to a quiet afternoon by myself as Keith was going to see Sileby's last game of the season.

I really should have done something constructive when I arrived home after picking up Sophie as I spent the rest of the afternoon in a bad mood, feeling guilty for not doing anything but not wanting to do anything anyway! Grrr!


No comments: