Tuesday 7 April 2015

Sitting in the sun...

It's been another glorious day and after getting some onerous jobs out of the way at work, we were able to leave at a slightly earlier time of 3pm today.

I decided to make the most of the sun and sit in the garden with the cats, Keith and Sophie. Mikey was out again with his mates so it was just the three of us sitting and soaking up the sun. The cats loved being outside and rolled around in the warmth, getting bits of twig and dirt on their fur.

I sneaked a peek at the little nest in our gravel garden and saw two baby birds with their beaks open wide, obviously thinking I was Mum! I crept away quietly and we stopped naughty Archie from going down there!

Keith and Sophie went inside but I stayed outside reading and eating some of my Easter egg. Bliss!

In the evening, after we'd dropped Mikey off at Army Cadets, Sophie, Keith and I went for a meal at The Lamplighter in town. It was very quiet in there and it was lovely to sit by the window and see the sky turning orange with the sunset. We had a good chat and a lovely meal, starting with some truly scrumptious garlic bread.

Back home, the plan had been to enjoy some of Sophie's birthday cake but we were all too full!

No comments: