Friday 3 April 2015

Bunking off...

Today dawned grey and horrible and as we'd planned an Easter Egg Hunt at work, I feared we would be really busy.

First thing, before we opened, Sophie and I went off to Booker and when we returned at 10am I certainly wasn't fighting my way through the cars! We had more of a trickle of customers in, rather than a flood, and when Keith appeared with Mike in tow Sophie asked if we could go home as we were so quiet. She wasn't needed in the kitchen so after making sure Mum and Dad didn't mind, we headed for McDonald's as a treat for the children.

The weather stayed horrible for the rest of the day and in the afternoon I decided to make Sophie's Easter meringue for her birthday meal tomorrow night. I was glad I did as it was a disaster... I followed a recipe from a newspaper supplement and when I took the meringue nest out of the oven it was very dry and crumbly and completely stuck to the greaseproof paper. I hate to say I just put the whole lot in the bin.

I also made some American style pancakes as on the morning of her birthday I'm going to try and re-create an IHOP breakfast for all of us. She wants pancakes, smoked sausages, crispy bacon and eggs. I'll try my best!

No comments: