Tuesday 14 April 2015

Girls' night in!

This warm and sunny weather is continuing, with tomorrow forecast to be the hottest day of the year so far.

Sophie and I popped to Tesco in the morning to buy dinner for tonight as Keith and Mike were both out. We chose Hunter's chicken, creamy mash and veggies with a dairy-free ice-cream to follow. We do like our Tuesday nights without the men as we can have a lovely dinner and then watch what we want on the TV!

To make up for a little bit of indulgence we did go to the gym and do some exercise. I'm trying to get back into my twenty minute routine on the cross-trainer so I started with that for a little while before heading for the treadmill and the bike. And we even managed a swim!

Back home we sat in the garden for a few minutes but the sun had disappeared behind the house opposite so it really wasn't that warm any more! Keith and Mike left to go to their respective Army Cadets and football match so I started the dinner while drinking a glass of very good Dark Horse Cabernet Sauvignon.

After we'd eaten we watched Masterchef and I'm glad we'd already had dinner as the programme always makes us feel hungry!


No comments: