Monday 1 December 2014

Decking the halls.

So, it was back to work and reality this morning and the fact that we had to put up the Christmas decorations when I really did think we wouldn't still be here!

I went home at 2pm to fetch Sophie as she had volunteered to help dress the trees. This year we didn't do the area under the slides as I just couldn't drum up the enthusiasm! We dressed three trees and I put up our little snowman and our panda bear next to them to make it look a bit more festive!

When we finished we turned all the main lights out and it was lovely to see the trees twinkling away in the gloom! I do think it should be mandatory for everyone to put up lights outside their house at this time of year to keep the horrible darkness away.

After work Sophie and I went to the gym and managed a decent swim before our lane was invaded by children jumping in. A lady swimming with us complained to the lifeguard as the kids already had the children's pool and two lanes for swimming lessons. We gave up and went and sat in the jacuzzi and very relaxing it was, too! Liam popped into the sauna and on his way we had a quick chat which was great as I hadn't seen him since our Scottish night a fair few weeks ago.

Back home we just had time to watch an episode of Desperate Housewives before it was time to prepare dinner!



No comments: