Wednesday 24 December 2014

Christmas Eve

Today has been a lovely day, with gorgeous weather - a perfect Christmas Eve!

Keith still feels terrible with his cold and had a lie-in until 9.30am. In fact, I was the only one up and enjoyed two hours of peace until the rest of the household awoke. I made a sausage sandwich for three of us and then Keith and I went out for a walk down the track to the Nature Reserve. The sun shone out of a clear blue sky and it was so lovely to feel its faint heat on our faces as we walked.







We walked for almost an hour and then turned for home. Keith was beginning to feel more awake as the Night Nurse tablet he'd taken yesterday evening had knocked him out!

After we got back, Sophie and I drove to Market Harborough and had a good mooch around the shops. We had a drink in Caffe Nero (I had a warmed mince pie with cream...delicious!) and then I bought another couple of presents and called in to see Duncan and his merry band. Sophie bought herself a bottle of Rose while I chose a red wine from the Greek Island of Paros to go with Christmas dinner tomorrow. As Mum and Dad love this island, I'm hoping they'll be pleased to see it on the table!

We drove home in the dusk and spent the rest of the evening relaxing. Our film choice was The Day After Tomorrow and then we had a buffet for our evening meal. Keith had bought a little too much but it was lovely nevertheless and at least we won't go hungry over the next few days!

No comments: