Tuesday 2 December 2014

Christmas preparations

Today has been a nice day - what a difference to last Tuesday which was horrible and stressful!

Mum and I popped to the shopping centre today and I treated myself to a miniature, pre-lit Christmas tree in a shiny red bucket. It will look perfect in my living room with the other tree which I decorate in a Scandinavian style. I also bought Christmas cards and some wrapping paper so I am getting there! I still can't believe that it's only three weeks away!

After work it was bliss to go home, have a lovely warm bath and then watch Pointless with Keith, just like we used to do. Mikey was at Army Cadets tonight and I said I would treat Keith to a few drinks and a meal at The Lamplighter for all the taxiing services he's been doing for me lately. However, Sophie came too!

We dropped Mikey off (the long way around as the road from Holcot to Moulton has been closed for roadworks, which will make the journey into work and school fun tomorrow!) and then headed to the pub in the centre of Northampton.

I tried a delicious stout called Starless Stout while Keith went for a beer called The Big Bang Theory, which smelled like cat's pee but actually tasted very good! Sophie stuck to a half of Pilsner and we had a very pleasant meal and chat. The pub was very cosy, with dimmed lighting, twinkling Christmas decorations and a great atmosphere, but it would have been perfect if they'd lit one of the fires!


No comments: