Sunday 14 December 2014

Catching up

Today was a day for catching up with housework and getting things done that had been left all week. Mikey was at an Army Cadet training session again today and managed to tread mud from his boots all through the downstairs of the house...I was not happy!

After taking Sophie to work I came home and gave my filthy, salt-encrusted car a good wash. After the journey of yesterday it was covered in the white powder!

After washing the car I made Sophie's Potato and Sausage soup and then hoovered all downstairs before relaxing in the conservatory with my laptop. I watched all the birds on the feeders and saw a little robin hopping about pecking some crumbs from the bread I'd put down.

Of course, both children wanted picking up at the same time so I collected Mikey first and then went to get Sophie. She had a bowlful of soup when she got home and said it was excellent except for the bits of onion! I should have pureed the vegetable, she said, so I went and sieved her bowl and picked out the offending onion. Honestly!

Before dinner we spent a lovely hour watching the film Trading Places. I treated myself to a glass of Malt Whisky and lit the candles on the fireplace. Bliss!

No comments: