Saturday 20 December 2014

More entertainments!

I had a bit of a lie-in this morning as I didn't get to bed until 1am last night but there wasn't much chance to loll about doing nothing as Sophie had a hair appointment at 11am and I was her driver.

I spent a relaxing half hour sitting reading "Hello" magazine while she had her tresses chopped and then it was home to a late breakfast (I'd still been full from last night when I woke this morning!) before dropping Mikey off in Brixworth and going on to Market Harborough for a final shopping trip.

The weather was sunny and dry but there was the usual nasty little wind blowing through the streets of MH which made us glad of our coats. The town was a lot busier than normal (well, it is the last weekend before Christmas) and we couldn't find a space in our usual car park so we parked on a space on the road which gave us two hours. More than enough time in my opinion!

We headed to Caffe Nero first for a hot chocolate and then popped into Waterstones to have a look at the books. Even though I love my Kindle I still love browsing in bookshops and I bought a volume about Witches in Northamptonshire. It looks fascinating!

We mooched about the town visiting Monsoon, a little independent bookshop that was completely empty and Joules where I went into shock at the price of Mens' underpants...£35 for three pairs!

Our last port of call was Duncan's where I bought a bottle of white wine, a half-bottle of Greek dessert wine and a special Belgian beer for Keith as a stocking filler. The shop was busy with people buying their Christmas wine and spirits.

We meandered home and I helped Sophie clean the downstairs of the house as she was having some friends around in the evening. Keith and I were also facing an evening of entertainment as we'd been invited around to Mum and Dad's house for an informal meal.

Sophie's friends arrived at 5pm and at 6.30pm we walked up to the pub for a quick drink. The place was packed out but we found a seat around a barrel and enjoyed a couple of drinks before walking up to Mum and Dad's house. Their friends, Garry and Gloria, were already there and it was great to sink into my parents' sofa and sip a sparkling wine before dinner.

We started with delicious prawn cocktails and wine wine, followed by a very spicy Chilli con Carne and rice. Dad had added a sauce for those who liked it hot, and boy was it!! Phew! Our lovely meal eneded with a slice of chocolate gateau and coffee.

After the meal we relaxed in the living room and had a good chat. Garry showed us his new camera which had cost a fortune! He's been a photographer all his life and had taken shots of some very famous bands in his time. I had a good look at his camera and was very envious!

At almost midnight we waddled off home through the dark country lanes and arrived at a house that wasn't as noisy as I imagined!

No comments: