Tuesday 16 December 2014

Getting sorted!

As if the school run in the morning isn't bad enough, today a lady in a 4x4 aimed for me and it's a wonder she didn't hit me! I was on a mini roundabout in the village, indicating to go right and I had right of way. This particular woman just kept on coming from my left and it was only me slamming on my brakes and glaring at her that prevented her from hitting my car!

She certainly kept her distance from me after that and must have known she was in the wrong. Phew! I'll be very glad when the schools break up on Friday and I don't have to make this journey every day!

We had a very pleasant morning at work eating chocolates and I sent out e-cards to all my Facebook friends who I don't see on a regular basis. I subscribed to Jacquie Lawson's fabulous website where you can send e-cards and download Advent Calendars for the festive period. If only Christmases were really like her cards and calendars...they're so beautiful!

As we were quiet, Mum, Sophie and I went off to find an outfit for Friday night. We went to the costume hire place I'd used before but I was astounded at the prices - £25-£40 for a costume I'll never wear again! We left hurriedly and went to another shop on the Wellingborough Road in Northampton. As we parked the car Sophie had a brainwave...why not go as Scrooge! It would be very apt!

I bought a black top hat, some old-fashioned glasses and some black gloves in the shop and I'll wear my black trousers, boots and a borrowed shirt from my Dad. With Keith's black jumper and a scarf I should look the part and Sophie will draw some more wrinkles onto my face!

With that problem sorted we headed back to work but left at 3pm. The idea was to go for a walk but Keith wanted to wait until Mikey arrived home from school. His coat, that he'd ordered weeks ago, had finally been delivered and Keith wanted to see what it was like. It was OK, but certainly not worth the long wait as it had been sent direct from China!

We didn't therefore set out on the walk until 4pm and it was getting very dark indeed. We abandoned the idea of going into the Nature reserve and just did the usual loop instead. I discovered that I don't like walking over the fields in the dark and it made for quite an unpleasant outing! Next time we'll just stick to the village!

It was Mikey's last night at Army Cadets before Christmas so we'll have two weeks rest from driving him to the meeting. Yippeee!

No comments: