Sunday 21 December 2014

Subdued Sunday

I was looking forward to not doing a lot today but somehow my day ended up busier than I thought it would be!

I dropped Sophie off at work, bought the Sunday newspapers and went home to have a late breakfast. The weather has been lovely again today with plenty of sunshine and mild temperatures. I still have geraniums flowering in my garden from the summer!

Sophie wasn't needed at work past 3pm so I went to collect her and we drove to the new Waitrose at Wootton to pick up the two after dinner games I'd ordered from John Lewis. Predictably, the store was busy and the garden centre even more so when we called in afterwards for a cup of tea. I resisted the urge to buy more decorations but I did see a pre-lit tree covered in glass pendants that was a snip at £6400! We sneaked a quick look at the fish and went outside to see the Koi, one of which is happy to come up and be stroked. He's gorgeous!

When we came out of the garden centre we saw the most fantastic sunset which was lovely as today is the Winter Solstice. Near home we stopped to take some photos but the pictures really didn't do the gorgeous colours justice as the sky was a mixture of oranges, reds and pinks.

Back home we lit the candles in the fireplace, I poured myself a Whisky Mac and we sat and watched Elf!

No comments: